Of all the seasonal ailments that affect your health and wellness goals, none is more guaranteed than the flu. Everyone catches the flu or its related symptoms recurringly. This article explores the causes, symptoms and effects of the common flu and the beneficial role that Ayurveda plays in overcoming them.
Flu - Common Symptoms and Causes
According to the principles of Ayurveda, the primary cause that creates flu symptoms in human beings is an imbalance in the Vata and Kapha doshas. The main symptoms that result from a common flu scenario are as follows:
- Sore throat
- Runny nose
- Body pain
- Stuffy nose
- Body fatigue
- Feverish chills
An affected person doesn’t need to showcase all the signs. But fever, cold, sore throat and cough are the usual symptoms that occur in most humans that suffer from the common flu. Flu symptoms without fever are a common occurrence nowadays.
Ayurveda for Dealing with Common Flu
Numerous Ayurvedic methods help you deal with the common flu and its related symptoms. Listed below are the popular options:
Yes. nothing tops the idea of resolving your flu troubles with working herbal formulations. Ayurveda possesses proven solutions that focus on relieving flu symptoms, 2022.
Bipha Rasnadi Choornam is an excellent example in this category. It is known for its strong protective function and effectiveness in keeping allergies, upper respiratory tract infections and colds away.
Other choornams, supplements, herbal tonics and different natural formulations are available to help you achieve flu relief.
Even before buying Ayurveda products from the market, you may go for home remedies for flu using kitchen ingredients. This includes solutions using clove buds, ginger juice, a mixture of turmeric, salt and cayenne, etc.
You may use solutions like tulsi, turmeric and ginger tea. Bathing using a blend of ginger and baking soda is another option.
Herbs and Supplements
Direct intake of herbs and supplements is another proven option to heal flu symptoms in adults and children with Ayurveda. These herbs include Guduchi, Yashtimadhu, Triphala, Ginger, Tulsi and Trikatu.
Some of them are edible directly, while the rest can be administered in other forms or with specific mediums. You may opt for these ingredients even if you are facing small symptoms like scratchy throat, malaise and body discomfort.
Benefits and Effects of Natural Remedies in Treating Flu
The top benefits and positive effects that Ayurveda offers with its range of natural remedies for treating flu are as follows:
- You will learn and practice the value of hygiene if you embrace Ayurveda for fighting the flu. This involves safe sanitisation techniques and social distancing measures.
- There won’t be any side effects if you follow Ayurveda remedies to fight flu symptoms. Plus, the results of the remedy will stay with you for a long time.
- When you go for herbal steps to cure common health problems like flu symptoms in kids and grownups alike, you will learn the value of first-aid measures like steam inhalation, warm and herbal beverage intake, natural supplements and herbs consumption, salt water gargling, etc.
- Ayurveda remedies for flu will give you other side advantages. These include body detoxification, blood purification, nasal hygiene, essential body vitamin intake and buildup of natural immunity.
- Ayurveda effectively promotes the role of healthy lifestyle habits. If you are consuming herbal medications, you might have to undergo diet changes and perform physical exercises to get the maximum benefits of the remedies.
Some of the symptoms of the flu are necessary for your body and health in the long term. Fever is a great example, as it helps your body fight against external infection and builds immunity.
But you have no excuse to leave the flu symptoms untreated as it could cause further harm to your body. And as for the remedial measures, Ayurveda solutions offer better benefits and a lasting impact on your physical health.